How to set an "Out of Office" notification.
Outlook (Microsoft Exchange Only)
- On the File tab, click the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) option.
- On the Automatic Replies window, select the Send Automatic Replies option.
- If you want your out of office message to only be sent for a specific period of time, check the box for Only send during this time range. Then select the Start time and End time for the out of office message to be sent.
- Enter the message you want to be sent in the bottom half of the Automatic Replies window.
- Click Ok to save the message and out of office settings.
Non Exchange alternative method.
- Create a new Outlook (email) message. Switch to Plain Text and type your "Out of office" message. Save the email message as an Outlook Template.
Goto Tools -> Rules and Alerts and create a new email rule. In the Rules Wizard under Start from a blank rule, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.
Under Which condition(s) do you want to check?, click to select the Sent Only To Me check box or any other check box that you want, and then click Next.
Under What do you want to do with the message? click to select the Reply using a specific template check box.
In the Select A Reply Template dialog box, click the template that you created earlier and then click Open.
Complete the Rules Wizard instructions, click Finish, and then click OK.
Important: Rules only work while Outlook is open (Your computer must be on and Outlook open) also The Rules Wizard rule to “reply using a specific template” is designed to send the reply only one time to each sender during a session. This prevents Outlook from sending repetitive replies to a sender from whom you receive multiple messages. During a session, Outlook remembers the list of users to whom it has responded. When you restart Outlook, this list is deleted and the rule is reset to start again for each sender.